Re: gtk_init() crashes

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Russell Shaw wrote:

I'm using XFree86 4.2.1 on debian 2.4.20.

I put these into /etc/X11/XftConfig, but it didn't work:

match any family == "sans"      edit family += "FreeSans";

Is "FreeSans" a font in good standing on your system?  With XFree
4.2.1 I believe the standard TrueType fonts are the Luxi series

match any family == "sans"              edit family += "Luxi Sans";

unless Debian has hacked this about.

I ran gdb again now that i've got gdb debugging symbols, and
the crash seems to be somewhere in gtk_widget_show_all( top_widget );

Is there any way to tell gtk to use a different font?

You can specify a font in ~/.gtkrc, but things are not likely to go
well if gtk can't find "sans".

Allin Cottrell.