Re: gtk theme design

It can be done using the gtkrc.

Open up the Gtk+ documentation and look for the style properties sections at most pages.

For example, the GtkRange widget ( http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkRange.html ) has the following style properties:

- arrow-displacement-x
- arrow-displacement-y
- slider-width
- stepper-size
- stepper-spacing
- trough-border

slider-width is what you (Andreas) are probably looking for, you can use it like this:

style "MyStyle" {
GtkRange::slider-width = 202 # don't try a value like that at home kids!

 # engine "pixmap" yadda yadda
}

class "GtkScrollbar.*" style "MyStyle"

(I'm not sure if it's also possible to use GtkScrollbar::slider-width instead, I guess it is since GtkScrollbar is 'derived' from GtkRange)

- Rich

From: Tristan Van Berkom

Maybe I dont completely grasp your
question but here's a guess: