gtk theme design

Hi,

I'm contructing a gtk-theme. Are there any docs for theme designers
(gtk1.4 and gtk2)? I could read english and german docs.

Is there a better place for gtk-theme design questions?

I've a problem to change the scollbar width. I designed a png with 17
pixel width but it's displayed to small.

        function        = BOX
        recolorable     = TRUE
        detail          = "slider"
        state           = PRELIGHT
        file            = "scrollbar_vert1.png"
        border          = { 2, 2, 3, 3 }
        stretch         = TRUE
        orientation     = VERTICAL

If I set STRETCH=FALSE then the icon is not shrinked, but cuted to a
smaller size. What could I do?

thanks
Andreas

--
glDesigner - Interactive OpenGL Tutorial
http://gldesigner.sourceforge.net/