Re: programmatically enabling xinput device

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 23:08, Lars Damerow wrote:
Hi,

I've written a gtk program that accepts pressure data from a stylus XInput
device, but it requires that the user manually sets the stylus device to
'screen' on the GTK Input Dialog.

Is there a way that I can set the device mapping programmatically, so that the
user never needs to use the Input dialog?

The input dialog works entirely in terms of public GDK API, so anything
it does, you can do to:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Input-Devices.html

(Even programs that use GtkInputDialog typically use these functions to
save the state of the user's settings across sessions .... see the GIMP
or gsumi for examples of doing this.)

Regards,
                                                Owen