propogating events from an event box to a child widget.

I have a panel applet that contains a GtkEntry. The entry is wrapped in event box, so that i can catch events at the screen edge. I would like to be able to propagate these events to the gtkentry. The reason I want to do this is to make it really easy for the a user to popup the entry's context menu by slamming the mouse into the screen corner. Simply emitting a "popup-menu" signal isn't acceptable because the menu doesn't appear at the pointer location. I really need the entry to get a button-pressed-event that it can handle. Any suggestions as to how to do this?
dave