Re: size of checkbuttons

to clarify my question, it seems that the minimum vertical size of a
button is determined by the size of its label. When I use the same font
for a button and a checkbutton, the checkbutton is a bit higher than the
normal button. What could be the reason for this?

by default, checkbuttons are bigger than normal buttons. Why is this and
is there any way to change this without explicitly specifying the
vertical size of the widget? Setting border_width to 0 does not help.

btw, i use gtk-2.2.1 under Windows and pygtk.

thanks,
Bernhard
--
Bernhard Rumpler (rumpler tttech com)
TTTech Computertechnik AG  Schoenbrunnerstrasse 7   A-1040 Vienna, Austria