Re: main loop, threads and so on?

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 18:21:05 +0200
Martin Klaffenboeck <martin klaffenboeck gmx at> wrote:

In my special case I have a function which has nothing todo with the
gui to call, but the function calling that function must wait until it
is finished.  It takes long time, so the gui is not responsible for the
user.  so my function (which is calling the function) has to run in the
backgound.

What you should do is split the function that kates a long time into parts, and
execute those small parts piecewise from a timeout or idel function.

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in email