Re: main loop, threads and so on?

On Saturday 07 Jun 2003 5:21 pm, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
Hello,

Where can I find a good manual, tutorial to understand how the mainloop
is working, what all the things of
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-The-Main-Event-Loop.html
are doing?

How I can work with that.

In my special case I have a function which has nothing todo with the
gui to call, but the function calling that function must wait until it
is finished.  It takes long time, so the gui is not responsible for the
user.  so my function (which is calling the function) has to run in the
backgound.

Probably the most elegant way to do this is to run the function in its own
thread.

Ian