Re: Please recommend a gtk application which plays around with the visual effect

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 00:28, hamb ka wrote:
I want to give my gtk applications some fancy visual effects... any great
exampls?

I've had a lot of favorable responses to the network throbber in LogJam
(http://logjam.danga.com).  To show that the network request will take a
while, LogJam has an animated icon, which is already common in programs
like web browsers.  What makes LogJam special is that it actually
modifies an in-memory SVG file to generate the frames of the animation,
so it animates (rotates) very smoothly.

(If you actually go as far as trying it out, you can login to the
default server with username "test", password "test".)

--
      Evan Martin
martine cs washington edu