Re: what is perfect IDE for gtk development?

On Sunday 01 Jun 2003 11:54 pm, G Hasse wrote:
On Sat, 31 May 2003, Ian Bell wrote:
A singularly unhelpful reply, one not worthy of this list.

I just wanted to point out that an IDE to develop applications in
Unix like environment is not a good idea. So what you regarded as
an unhelpful reply is infact a pointer to a better strategy (in
the long run).

That is merely your opinion.

It is a BAD mistake to reinvent the Windows environment in
Unix. It is better to learn tools that will hold not only today
but also tomorrow and in Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, MacOS/X,
AIX, HP/UX etc.

Your opinion too.

Anyway, my gripe was not was much with what you said as the way you said it.

Ian