Re: glib equivalent to memset

On Sun, 31 May 2003, Soeren Sandmann wrote:

"Philippe A" <z77y16 hotmail com> writes:

May I ask what is the equivalent function to memset with glib? I have
a buffer of characters I would like to reset with spaces regularly. I
don't want to recreate the buffer everytime. g_strnfill() is the
function the closest to what I need. Unfortunately, each call to it
creates new buffers. Should I just use memset()?

Just use memset(). That function exist in any standard C library, so
there is no point adding a g_ version to GLib that would always be
#define g_memset memset.

what about using multibyte characters ?