GTK_MOTION_NOTIFY over pango layout.

Hello everyone,

The Bluefish editor has an option to display line numbering or not. Line numbering is drawn with pango layout. According the the comments, gedit does the same thing. I am writing a patch so that lines get selected when clicking+dragging over line numbers.

I've come into a strange problem. I receive much less motion signals when my cursor is over the pango layout than when the cursor is over the text view. When I'm over the layout, I basically receive two motion signals : one when I start dragging and one when I release my mouse button after dragging. Doing the same over text will produce motion signals whenever the mouse moves.

Do you have any idea why the signals aren't emitted the same way? Because of this problem, the selection I am creating when selecting line numbers only appears when I release the mouse button.

Thanks for any insights!

MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/