RE: gtk-app-devel-list digest, Vol 1 #1567 - 14 msgs

I know I can't speak for Joseph, but I think he might have been getting
at the point that removing rows from a GtkListStore seems like one
operation and shouldn't require using many different data types whose
concepts overlap.

I completely understand that the API is complex because all the power
that comes with it (e.g. the ability to manipulate GtkTreeStores with
the same API) can come in handy quite often. But for a GtkListStore, I
don't feel that things like iterators should be required. Iterators are,
as you said, for iterating, they shouldn't be required to simply remove
one row from a GtkListStore (especially when you don't care about it
being set to the next row).

Adding such API on to GTK would probably make the people that unified
the list and tree code mad, but I feel that trees and lists have
fundamental differences that should not be forgotten.

Either way, now that at least there's some material on how to tie all
the API together, I don't think this is a terrible issue, just a minor
annoyance. And I'll admit that most of my problems were related to the
fact that I'm fairly new to GTK, but I'm guessing most documentation is
written for newbies.