RE: Not getting text in Windows

martyn 2 russell bt com writes:
I can't remember the specifics of it but I know it occurs because
your pango configuration files point to paths which MUST exist,

That is *not* true. (On Win32.) The pango.modules file should *either*
contain true existing paths, *or* paths starting with the build-time
path that was compiled into Pango. In the second case, Pango notices
this, and replaces the start of the path with the actual installation
path, at run-time.

I just tried, it works. (I renamed my I:\target to I:\targetfoo, and
everything still works. i:\targetfoo\etc\pango\pango.modules contains
paths starting with /target.)

(For it to work, you Pango installation directory substructure *must*
be identical to the one in my zipfiles. But its location can be
anywhere.)

--tml