gtk-thread example: segmentation fault

After going through the FAQ and trying the gtk-thread example from Erik
Mouw (version 1.99.1) at http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN453 i get a
segmentation fault:

mc303 erdos:~/gtk_examples$ cc -o gtk-thread gtk-thread.c `pkg-config
--cflags --libs gtk+-2.0 gthread`
mc303 erdos:~/gtk_examples$ ./gtk-thread
Segmentation fault

My C-debug-skills are quite 'undevelopped' for the moment, so i cannot
see what is causing the problem.  I just wanted to report it.  Or am I
doing something wrong?

If you need more info about my setup/system, just let me know.

Greetzzz,
Bart

--
Ing. Bart Vandewoestyne               Bart.Vandewoestyne_at_pandora.be
Hugo Verrieststraat 48                         GSM: +32 (0)478 397 697