getting text

I'm quite new to GTK, so here's my (possibly stupid) question:

Look at (simple) the code at
http://mc303.studentenweb.org/downloads/mms_gui.c

The situation is:

GtkEntry is within GtkHBox is within GtkVBox is within GtkWindow

In my main, i use for example the create_mms_url_widget() to separate
the creation of some 'building block-widgets' and keep my code
'managable'.  But now, i came to the point where i need the text from
the text-entries within those 'composed-widgets'.

I need the text within the go_clicked callback function.

I suppose i should pass it via the 'gpointer data' somehow, but up until
now, it is not yet quite clear to me how i should do this...  I think I
will need a struct for that, right?  But how exactly?

Am I on my way of making my code 'readable', 'understandable' and
'enough modular' and how can i retrieve the text within the go_clicked
callback?

Thanks for your replies and suggestions!
Bart

--
Bart Vandewoestyne                    Bart.Vandewoestyne_at_pandora.be
Hugo Verrieststraat 48                         GSM: +32 (0)478 397 697