Re: using threads in glib-2

 If all the other thread is doing is reading a file, why don't you use
GIOChannel  and add a watch to the file ?

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-IO-Channels.html

 This way, your program will be much simpler.

 If you must use thread for whaterver reason, take a look at:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Threads.html#g-thread-init

Harring.

--- Hubert_Soko³owski <who_ami o2 pl> wrote:

hi!

sory if this topic is not new, but I need to be sure about some things.
My program uses glib-2. It runs with two threads. when the first of them
reads from file, the second one is doing something. my question is the
second thread blocked the the first one reads from file or is it workin
fine?

thanks in advance
hs