Re: (Newbie!! Help!!!!)How to integrate user functions in gtk

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, TFCBlue wrote:

    I'm developing a graphic interface for a program which is already
fully developed in C.  What we'd like to do is to call the functions
defined in the our program from the grapihc interface. We've already
developed some test applications in gtk (using glade 2.0) in order to
understand what it does. We know that it generates code to which we can

Please don't use that aspect of glade.

It is far better to have glade emit an xml file and use the functions in
libglade to load it inside your C program.

later add code but we haven't understand how we call functions from the
C program in the code generated for GTK.

Callbacks.  Signals.  Objects.

Read Havoc Pennington's book on GTK+ and Gnome (it's available online from
the gnome.org site somewhere -- or google for it).

Or read the tutorial.

Or read the example code.  Lots of it in the gtk-demo(s).

-Peter