Re: Selected widget visibility on clists and trees [gtk 1.2]

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 02:41:19PM -0700, Harring Figueiredo wrote:

How can I find out that a treeview row (useng listStore) has been selected
by

the user ?

 I have the follwoing. Is there a different/better way ?

  ... callback to a "cahnged" signal on the treeview selection...

         treeview = gtk_tree_selection_get_tree_view (selection);
        if (gtk_tree_selection_get_selected (selection, &model, &iter))
        {
                g_print("There some selection ...\n");
        }

This will tell you if there's a selection, but what you really want to do is
connect a handler to the "changed" signal of the selection object.  See the
bottom of

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTreeSelection.html

for the prototype of the callback.  Then in your callback you'll use
get_selected to get the selected row itself.

Dave Cook

Thanks for the help.