Alt-Tab list

Currently I have a GtkWindow not appearing in the window list nor the
workspace switcher by using

        gtk_window_set_skip_taskbar_hint()
        gtk_window_set_skip_pager_hint()

in a callback to the expose event of the window. I have 2 questions:

(1) If it gtk_widget_hide() the GtkWindow, then gtk_widget_show() it, it
now appears in the window list and workspace switcher. How do I prevent
this?

(2) How do I prevent this GtkWindow from appearing in the Alt-Tab list?

A quick pointer to a URL is adequate. Thank you.

Cheers,
Loban

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
| loban earthling net, loban caltech edu,  http://loban.caltech.edu |