Dialog Question (Help)

Folks,

 I created a dialog for Preferences as follows:

dialog = gtk_dialog_new_with_buttons
                        ("CDStation2 Preferances", NULL,
                        GTK_DIALOG_MODAL | GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,
                        GTK_STOCK_APPLY, GTK_RESPONSE_APPLY, GTK_STOCK_CLOSE,
                        GTK_RESPONSE_CLOSE, "Reset", 999, NULL);
        build_ui();
        while(1){
                rt = gtk_dialog_run(GTK_DIALOG(settings_ui->dialog));
                if(rt == GTK_RESPONSE_APPLY )
                        g_warning("Apply changes not implemented.");
                else{
                        gtk_widget_destroy(GTK_WIDGET(settings_ui->dialog));
                        break;

 The dialog displays fine; however, while it is running, I press a button to
create a GtkFileSelection. The file selection gets displayed; however, I am
able to get a response from it no matter where I click.

  When I destroy my dialog, then the FileSelection responds to the mouse
clicks.

 I am sure I am not using it correctly. Can anyone point me out to the problem
?

 Thanks,

 NOTE: THe reason I have the while loop is so that the "Aplly" changes button
does not close the dialog, but any other button does.

  Thanks in advance again.

P.S: I am subscribed to the list; hewver, I am not getting emails. Please CC to
me.

Harring