Re: GdkEventMask?

Ok, so I ask the question another way. How could I get informed inside
my app before this problem accourcs and my app crashes?

Is there an abbility to set some kind of "Exception Handling" for this "serial 44 error_code 10 request_code 2 minor_code 0" - Error?
I'm not so sure right now (should look at the gdkx.[ch] code to find out) but I think
that gdk makes a call to `abort()' when encountering errors from the X server.
(I'm very not sure about that; guess guess).

   > I want to check it, because if not my app crashes with:
   > The program 'grootevent' received an X Window System error.
   > This probably reflects a bug in the program.
   > The error was 'BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)'.
   >  (Details: serial 44 error_code 10 request_code 2 minor_code 0)
   >  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   >   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   >   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   >   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   >   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

What I usualy do with theese errors is just fix the problem. Your problem is that you are
attempting to access a private X resource and you dont have the privilages required (maybe
you need to run the program as the user who started the server ?).

just another thought; is it possible that `gdk_x11_get_default_root_xwindow()' is
returning something like '0' or '-1' ? (some kind of error code to say that it
couldn't find any default xwindow ?); and maybe '0' is some super private implicit
resource ID ?, like I said, just a thought.

Cheers,
                        -Tristan