Re: GdkEventMask?

Am Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:09:16 -0400 schrieb Tristan Van Berkom:

I think the way it try to do it should work, but it doesn't. Why?

Perhaps now it's better to understand what I try to do.

In the code that you posted you create a new GdkWindow object:

 > rootwindow = gdk_window_foreign_new
 > (gdk_x11_get_default_root_xwindow());

this _NEW_ object refers to an already existant X resource (the root
window).

Ah, now I understand what you mean.

now your branchstate here:

 > unavailable_events = gdk_window_get_events(rootwindow);

 > if ((unavailable_events & GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK) ==
GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK)

will always yield the same result because the event mask is freshly
initialized in your
_NEW_ GdkWindow.

 > But it doesn't work. I go everytime into the else-part. What did I
 > wrong?
Thats why.

Ok, so I ask the question another way. How could I get informed inside
my app before this problem accourcs and my app crashes?

Is there an abbility to set some kind of "Exception Handling" for this
"serial 44 error_code 10 request_code 2 minor_code 0" - Error?

Thanks
Andreas