setting TextTag properties with resource files (was: Altering a font in textview)

How do I change the font of text?

gtk-demo is your friend.  Double click on Text Widget when you run it.

Ok, that works by passing hard-coded arguments to a TextTag
constructor.  How would I do it if I wanted to make it themeable by a
resource file (gtkrc)?  Can you address named text tags through the
gtkrc widget, widget_class, or class keywords?  I am not having
immediate success with this -- maybe I've got the path wrong, or maybe
it does not work because TextTags are not Widgets?

The moon is waning crescent, 30.6% illuminated, 24.0 days old.