Re: Makefile???, not very good with them.

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:20:20 -0500
Todd Kulesza <todd dropline net> wrote:

Just to double-check... is this Makefile in the same directory as your
source code, or is it up one level?  For example, if your working
direcoty is C:\Src\duv, and your source files are all in C:\Src\duv\src,

this Makefile would also need to be in C:\Src\duv\src.

Right, forgot to mention that. If they are in a sub-directory of a
directory that contains the Makefile, you can also use relative paths in
your Makefile. For smaller projects, I think keeping all source files in
one directory makes more sense.

Now, I'm not an expert on make either, but I think that if you have
multiple sub-directories containing different parts of code, you can
create one Makefile per directory and then include them from within your
toplevel Makefile. There's a quite detailed (GNU) make-manual available
from http://www.gnu.org/manual/make/html_chapter/make_toc.html If you're
interested, you can take a peak.

Cheers

--