Re: Touch screen

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:56:54 -0500
From: Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com>
To: John K Luebs <jkluebs luebsphoto com>
Cc: G Hasse <gh raditex se>, Ram Krishna <ram_krishna2001 yahoo com>,
      gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Touch screen

if you have a screen with alot of buttons
you want those buttons to emit "clicked" when
the're "pressed" not "released"; seeing as
fingers are big and clumsy (its hard to
touch that small area on screen as it is).

As someone currently using their own touchscreen controller with GTK, I'm
going to have to argue that this is not always the case.  My system can
execute programmable code on both "press" and "released", which comes in
handy for my customer who want to say, hold down the button to issue a
"start jog" command to a serial motion controller.  When they release, I
send the "stop job" command.

Add a bit of logic to compensate for the fact that my Xfbdev server seems to
be able to hit "released" without "press", make the buttons big enough for
finger hitting, and get a touchscreen that Doesn't Suck (I like Gunze better
that Microtouch, for one -- more 'solid' feel.)

Alex Pavloff - apavloff eason com
Eason Technology -- www.eason.com