Re: Asking for a control solution

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:23:06 +0100
jantonio leonardo amena es wrote:

I want to load a file which it's changed every 5 seconds. So i need refresh
the main window frecuently, and i want my users can do other things
pressing keys or buttons.

But,  if i pass the control to the function gtk_main(), and GTK sleep
waiting for X events, how can i refresh the file?
Are "timeouts in GTK" a solution for this?

Yes.

If the file is small, you could try opening, reading and closing the file in a
single timeout.

If the file is large, you should read it over several calls to the timeout
function, so that each timeout does not take too long to finish. Otherwise your
user interface will become unsresponsive.

HTH, Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in email