Re: Glib's object system

is there any "easy" tutorial on glib's object system? I'm trying to
figure out how it works reading Mathieu Lacage's tutorial, but it's
just too hard to grasp...

too hard to grasp you say ?!!!

        I 100% agree with you!
What was it they say ? ... RTFS ?

I'm sorry to say that (i hope I'm mistaken)
there is _no_ clear / complete documentation.
there *is* the api reference but .... its quite
hard to follow.

I broke my head on this one a few times
so here goes:

read this (seems off-topic bu believe me
its good):
http://www.gnome.org/~james/language-bindings/

Read _all_ the "description" sections of
the GObject section of the API reference.
(Pay special attention to the GType type
system ... thats the root).

then go ahead and read something like
gtkdrawingarea.c to get the basic jist
of creating an object. (there is not
too much extra code in there so its
pretty clear).

Good luck!
                        -Tristan

Pedro Ortega wrote:

Hi,

is there any "easy" tutorial on glib's object system? I'm trying to
figure out how it works reading Mathieu Lacage's tutorial, but it's
just too hard to grasp...

Thanx

--

Piter