Re: Is this possible ??

I need to write a Gtk Gui application for installation of a software.
I have to run the installation screens on frame buffer and not with X
server support.
ok

The screens are coming properly, and the background (root window) screen
is always black.
I used a theme which will change the look and feel of the screens but
not the background (root window).
ok

I would like to have a background with color /picture, on this all my
screens should come.

Is this possible? I have searched a lot.

screens in this case would be "GtkWindow"s ?

on this all my screens should come.

sounds like you need a toplevel window in the
background all the time. and the screens that
"come" are popup windows.

so you need to make a window of w/h of your
resolution and always keep it displayed in
the background. (adding colour and pictures
can be defined in the gtkrc file).

I haven't used gtk in the framebuffer but
I assume the api is the same on the higher
levels at least; is that not the case ?

Regards,
                -Tristan

Syed Imranullah Azeezullah wrote:

Hi there..

Couldn't help but notice that email address of yours. Is this partition
magic for linux ?? :-)

Regards,
Imran

I need to write a Gtk Gui application for installation of a software.
I have to run the installation screens on frame buffer and not with X
server support.

The screens are coming properly, and the background (root window) screen
is always black.
I used a theme which will change the look and feel of the screens but
not the background (root window).

I would like to have a background with color /picture, on this all my
screens should come.

Is this possible? I have searched a lot.

Any help.

Thanks
Binoj

.