Disposing of memory.

To dev list,

I have created a class which is a subclass of GObject.  I have overridden gobject's dispose method with my own and then called the gobject's dispose method....which is all working fine.

But after I create the object, then dispose of it, I still get a single memory leak caused by the created object. When I put g_free(theObject) at the end of the code the leak goes away.

Is this what I am suppose to do, or should the type system clean it up for me without calling g_free.

Thanks in advanced
Mark