Re: Signal associated with carriage return for text area

You can trap key press events on any widget
(I dont think that its emmited for modifier keys)
and you can check which key was perssed.

Check:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Event-Structures.html

for basic low-level events. other events in
gtk are concepts conserning that particular
object. (i.e. a GtkButton can be "clicked"
after the analasys of the actual mouse
events that may or may not qualify as
a "click").

Now the GtkTextEntry (if thats what its called)
probably generates its own signal for enter.
I'm not sure.

Cheers,
                        -Tristan

PS:
I hope that its your clock thats slow and
not your email-client.

aperently I recieved this message last year.

Vikram Bartakke wrote:

Hi list,

Is there any signal associated with the text area which will be generated
for carriage return ( when you press ENTER, that even should be generated
and should call the associated function). I would like to know more about
that.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Vikram