Newbie: questions re: Glade-2 project build

Hi all,

I have nearly completed a GTK+ app for ham radio which requires a
runtime config file, but also creates files and outpts data to them.
I use Glade 2 to build the gui and the package and since I have little
experience with autoconf/automake, I would like to know how I can
arrange for commands to be included in the Makefile by autogen so that a
directory is is created in the user's home and a default config file
copied into it.  Mainly I would like to know how to make this
arrangement survive a rebuild by glade after a change in the gui.

My thanks in advance!

--
Regards      My Ham Radio callsign: 5B4AZ  QTH Loc: KM64MR
             My website (with some Ham Radio/Linux software):