WinXP GUI hanging in Win32 GTK application. Debugging help appreciated.

Hello.

I'm the main developer of Silky, an easy to use SILC client for GTK.
SILC stands for Secure Internet Live Conferencing. The end user
experience is very similar as in IRC generally.

Silky has been developed in Linux and it runs without problems in other
OS'es too, even in Win32. There are no problems in Windows 2000, but in
WinXP there are heavy problems.

The Win32 build of Silky is compiled against shared pre-compiled GTK
2.2.4 libs from Dropline (http://www.dropline.net/gtk/). I used
mingw-gcc in Linux to compile the Win32 binary of Silky.

The actual problems seems to happen randomly, atleast I didn't (yet)
find any pattern.

When the problem occurs, Silky seems to run smoothly without problems,
without eating any extra CPU time nor causing strange loads. However
*every* other GUI thing in the WinXP slows down, and becomes unusable.
This includes the taskbar. Also, <ctrl+alt+del> doesn't seem to respond.

I tried to debug this issue by running Silky with GTK's and GDK's
debugging on, but did not discover anything useful.

I'd appreciate all help, hints and hits with a clue-bat. Thanks!

--
Toni Willberg - toniw iki fi - http://toniw.iki.fi/
Silky - A Gtk2 client for SILC - http://silky.sourceforge.net/