Re: Can I maximize a dialog only vertically?

On Saturday 27 December 2003 06:07 pm, Leandro A. F. Pereira wrote:
can I maximize a dialog only vertically? I mean extending the height
without extending the width.

        Move the window to (currentx, 0), then set the size to
(current_width, gdk_screen_height()).

Thank you very much, but tat won't do...

First, the resulting window is too big because it doesn't take the border into
account (I mean, the part where the buttons "minimize" and "maximize" and
"close" are). Second, the height of the gnome-panel (or kicker) should be
subtracted from gdk_screen_height... To use this method, at least I need to
know the position of the panel and its size...

I am looking forward to additional suggestions... :-)

Maurizio