Re: strange problem with GDate

 Maybe glib does not work on Christmas day ??  (LOL).

 No , serious - I tested both dates and they both returned "ok". Any more dates
for me to try on ?

Harring.

--- Emmanuel Saracco <esaracco noos fr> wrote:
hi,

something strange using GDate. when I test the g_date_set_parse() method
in a simple C program it can understand a string date like: "Thu, 25 Dec
2003" and in fact all the other dates. but when I use it in a function
in a whole gnome application, the g_date_valid() method return false.

very stange. I've tried with the very same little code in the function
and in my program, so it does not depend on that. the code to test it
is:

----------
GDate *date = NULL;

date = g_date_new ();
g_date_set_parse (date, "Thu, 25 Dec 2003");

if (g_date_valid (date))
  puts("ok");
else
  puts("bad");

g_date_free (date);

and when I try with a date like "Wed, 02 Jan 2003" instead of "Thu, 25
Dec 2003"... it works...

some idea?

thanks,

bye