gtk_clist_get_row_data returns NULL ¿?¿?

hi, im a noob gtk developer, having troubles with retrieving the data when clicking on a clist row, my clist is plenty of data (from a mysql table), but when click on a row and the code below is executed(it prints 'entering..'), 'ok' is not printed :o
plz help..
(i saw a very seemed tread in this list, but it didnt help me)

void clist_clicked(GtkWidget *widget, gint rowclicked, gint column, GdkEvent event)
{
printf("entering..\n");
if (gtk_clist_get_row_data(GTK_CLIST(clist), rowclicked) != NULL)
        printf("ok\n");
}

thanks in advance (and sorry for mi english)