Re: GtkText

I didn't make myself very clear before, I suggested all the other widgets because of the following: "GtkText is deprecated and unsupported. It is known to be buggy. To use it, you must define the symbol GTK_ENABLE_BROKEN prior to including the GTK+ header files." GtkTextView is recommended in it's place though.

If you have to use GtkText then:

gtk_text_set_point(GtkTextWidget, 0); // Set the cursor at the start.
guint len = gtk_text_get_length(GtkTextWidget); // Get length.
gtk_text_forward_delete(GtkTextWidget, len); // Delete from start to end.

That might be of some assistance, but I wouldn't advise using GtkText anyway.

Regards,
        Stuart Gilbert.

Sukrit K Mehra wrote:
How do I empty a GtkText Widget? That is if I put some text into GtkText, how do I then make it blank.