Re: Can you get asleep and be awakened?

Quoted by a gathering of ultra chickens
For `Maurizio Colucci <seguso forever tin it>'
On Wednesday, 24 December 2003 (10:46):

I don't know where to start. I know that I need to register myself to some
kind of timer and get asleep. But where? I already get asleep waiting for a
GTK event... I cannot be sleeping in two places. So I guess GTK should
provide this kind of functionality (awaking you at a precidse time). Could
you please give me some hint, so we can all use my program :-) ?

        You can use glib's g_timeout stuff and trigger a function every one second or
so -- and then check there if you must do something at a given time.

--

 Leandro Pereira              (oO)           <leandro linuxmag com br>
                              /||\                  www.mindcrisis.tk

        irc.freenode.net, #debian-br
        <jahnke> o linux é o bootloader do emacs