invisible cursor in TreeView

Hi everybody,
I have a (not so) small problem with a little app that uses a treeview
and other widgets.

To explain the problem it would be easy to compare it with the win dows
explorer. (I am not programming an explorer, but this is easy to
explain)

This is the mainwindow:

+-----------+----------------------
| TREE      | Other Widgets       |
|           |                     |
|           |                     |
|           |                     |
|           |                     |
|           |                     |
+-----------+---------------------+

If I make a selection in the tree and move the cursor to the other
widget the blue bar around the selected tree entry disappears.
So far so good, but it would be important to me to see what node is
selected all the time. Is there any way to change the background color
on the selected treenode (for example make it red, but color doesn't
matter) ? [Only for the time the focus is not in the tree]

I am using the GTK 2.

Any idea welcome.

Thnx
P.