Re: running gtk2.0 applications under MS-systems

Rosa Mannini writes:
- I open a xterm session on a Linux server on which is stored my GUI environment (Gtk+2.0 application, the
working environment being built using Glade2.0);

- I update (using autogen.sh and/or configure command) the environment;

- I recompile it;

- I update display settings

- I run my application. It displays itself properly, but crashes when I have to expand or manage the
GtkTreeViews (select rows etc etc). It says that RENDER isn't supported by the architecture.

So, what does what you describe have to do with running a GTK
application on Windows? What you have seems to be some problem with
the X server? (Does the X server perhaps runs on Windows? Anyway,
that's irrelevant. It doesn't mean that you are running your GTK
application on Windows. The X server perhaps is buggy in a way not
anticipated by the GTK (or Xft) developer.)

What do you mean exactly with "having the details sorted out"?

Installing Cygwin (for make, m4, sed, perl, bash), and mingw (for
gcc). Or perhaps tring to manage with just mingw and MSYS. Perhaps
installing libtool, autoconf, automake. Etc.

I cannot find on the Reference Manual on line details about running
a Gtk+application on Windows systems .. but I guess that about
GtkCellRendered code must be split into two parts, one suitable for
Unix systems (seen both as the physical place from which
application is run, and as graphical target), and one for Windows
system (even if applications is run, as in my case, from a xterm
session on a Unix/Linux one). Maybe I didn't analyze all necessary
steps and aspects of the question, but I really cannot understand
how to go on.

You have me really confused now. I don't understand what you are
talking about. What's so special about GtkCellRenderer, it's just one
part of gtk, and not any more platform-dependent than the rest of gtk,
as far as I can see?

--tml