Re: running gtk2.0 applications under MS-systems

Rosa Mannini writes:
The real and for now unsoluted problem is that my GUI
contains some GtkTreeViews, and of course some
GtkColumnRenderers to display them.

I understood that Windows architecture doesn't support
GtkRenderer philosophy,

What's a GtkRenderer? If you mean GtkCellRenderer, I don't see what
problems that in particular would have on Windows. AFAIK, it works as
it should.

because it doesn't work having reconfigured the environment too
(that is launching autogen.sh and/or configure) and having
recompiled it.

Huh? Do you mean that building GTK-using code (in this case, an own
subclass of GtkCellRenderer) is problematic on Windows? Yes, if it's
the first time you are trying a auto*/libtool style build of something
on Windows, it can be a pain. But once you have the details sorted
out, the build process should work quite like on Unix systems.

Or are you talking about something that would mean launching a build
process on the end-user system at application run time? That indeed
would be quite hard to make work reliably on Windows, but the same
holds true for any Unix system not very close to the original author,
doesn't it? (I mean, you can't be sure the necessary developer stuff,
starting with a compiler, is present on the end-user system.)

--tml