Re: mingw32

I am using Cygwin and Gtk2 On Cygwin, and I'm very happy with the
combination.  I can write my Window$ apps, both backend and GUI, almost
identically to working in Linux.  In fact, Cygwin even includes all the
familiar (text) shells.  There are a few minor things missing from the
Cygwin version of LibC, but really very few, mostly related to Window$
lacking certain basic functionality.

Some will say that Gtk is incompatible with Cygwin, but I think that
occurs only if you mix Cygwin(LibC) and GLib functions for operations with
files or threads.  I use Cygwin for everything but GUI, and Gtk for all
GUI.

Cygwin:
http://cygwin.com/

Gtk2 On Cygwin:
http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/

Joe Orgren
Senior Engineer
Organizational Strategies Inc.
Supporting the Applied Technology Division/OIT
Bureau of Customs & Border Protection
United States Department of Homeland Security
202-927-3967
202-927-2002