localisation in Indian languages

Greetings,

   I would like to introduce myself as Project Director of GNU Solutions and
services (Mumbai, India). We are an non profit making organisation into
localisation of GNU softwares for Indian languages. We have a team of 10-15
people working full time on this project and funded by the Indian Govt.

  I am willing to localize a few softwares (required for the minimum education
Operating System and later for an office). We are have already localised
softwares like DrGenuis (DrGeo) and know the process of localisation.

   We require the applications to be in GTK 2.x before we can localise it, since
we use Unicode. I would like to know the status of the softwares avaiable in GTK
2.x or if there is help required for softwares to be ported to 2.x. We can help
in porting to 2.x and localising the applications in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati
(Bengali might also be possible).
  Also if you can list the applications that are most essential for an
educational OS then it will be helpful. A list of packages we have selected till
now include.

Dr Geo.
GTK Graph.
Chemtool.
sodipodi.
Gimp.
gedit.
Few applications in multimedia and educational games are required.

  Thanks.

Bye.

Sify Mail - now with Anti-virus protection powered by Trend Micro, USA.
Know more at http://mail.sify.com

Sify Power mail- a Premium Service from Sify Mail!
know more at http://mail.sify.com