Re: window move handle widget

Am Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:28:23 +0200 schrieb Andreas Volz:

Am Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:28:18 +0200 schrieb Gus Koppel:

Another way could be to manage the window dragging on your own by
tracking the mouse coordinates and moving the window accordingly.
Drag mode could be triggered by a "drag" button or even by just
clicking somewhere in the background of the window. AFAIK GTK
doesn't provide special support for such a feature so you'd have to
program a bit more on your own. By moving the window yourself you
could of course keep track of its coordinates and store and restore
them between sessions of your program (which isn't possible with
GtkHandleBox's).

Thanks for your answer. I looked at GtkHandleBox and I think this is
not what I thought :-(

But the other idea is not bad. I found this function in the gtk
reference manual:

gtk_window_begin_move_drag      (GtkWindow *window,
                                             gint button,
                                             gint root_x,
                                             gint root_y,
                                             guint32 timestamp);

It works well for static values of root_x and root_y, but how could I
get the current root_x, root_y mouse position inside my application?

Ok, stupid me I found the root_x, root_y thing ;-)

thanks
Andreas