Re: need advice: "gtk_tree_view slow"

Bert Marco Schuldes wrote:x

Hallo.

I started two days ago to write my first application using GTK,
but I am pretty experienced with C.

I have read about the problems with gtk_tree_view being
too slow:

Even worse. It takes about 6 seconds for 1000 rows.
Under M$ Windows it takes longer (23 sec).

One should specify which windows version is using.
Under Win9x/Me, the uniscribe dll (used for text rendering) is very slow
(at least with GTK+), so unless you need complex text rendering, you can
simply add this to your autoexec.bat:

SET PANGO_WIN32_NO_UNISCRIBE=a

or, if you prefer, add this to your program right before calling gtk_init:

putenv("PANGO_WIN32_NO_UNISCRIBE=a");

Daniel K. O.