Re: gtk_tree_view so slow

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 08:58, Maxim Reznik wrote:
The problem I encountered is gtk_tree_view scans
whole tree_model when I create the form.

That's the validation step, where all rows are being measured.

It takes too much time if there are many rows in table.

Yes, it does for tables with more than 10000 rows.

Is there a way to prevent such full scan?

There will be a way to "disable" validation in gtk+ 2.4, which will
prevent a full scan. Until then there's not much you can do.

        -Kris

Could you help?

Maxim