How to bind a scrollbar to a text field correctly

Hi !

I try (!) to write a programm which should be a simple text editor (sorry but I'm a newbi). Now I try bind a
scrollbar to a text field. With GTK1.2 it was easy but since GTK2.0 it isn't. Then I've seen that I could
solve it with a scrolled window. So I've done.

But now is the problem: when I write a longer text the cursor goes down but the text doesn't (so I see the
text but not the cursor - I have to scroll manual down to see the cursor). Why ?
I've created 2 boxes: 1st to pack a menu and a toolbar in a vbox ... 2nd to pack the scrolled window
(viewport is the textview) and the vbox.

Could anybody give me a hint ?

So long ... :)
Die sicherste Form der Kommunikation: E-Mails verschluesseln, Spam-Filter,
Adressverifizierung, digitale Unterschrift: http://freemail.web.de