Using GObject library with a lot objects

Hi people!

I am thinking develop an application, but I have a initial problem: to use or not to use the
GObject library. That application is object-oriented but has *a lot* objects (10.000 or
more) and heavly explore the create-use-destroy cycle with all created objects during the
execution of this application.

Thus, my question is: I should or I shouldn't use the GObject to make my objects?
What is the impact of the overhead due using it?

Best Regards,

--fx