BUG in gtk_widget_modify_fg when used with GtkEntry +win32

I posted a similar message last month and got no response. I'll try again.
I've attached a simple program that creates a GtkEntry widget. On a button
press, I create a GdkColor (red) and call gtk_widget_modify_fg(entry,
GTK_STATE_NORMAL, &gcolor). No change occurs. If I change the call to
gtk_widget_modify_bg(...), I get a red edge around the entry widget. I've
also tried modifying the base_gc of the widget. This will get the background
color to change, but I'm still not able to change the foreground color of a
entry widget.

Is this a bug or not?

If its not a bug, please explain why.

Thanks,