Completely remove a GtkWidget from Memory

Hallo,

in my programm I've got the following global pointer:
+++
GtkWidget *fileselectionfensterglobal;
++

I created 3 signals to kill the window:
+++
void
on_fileselectionfensterglobal_destroy  (GtkObject
 *object, gpointer         user_data)
  gtk_widget_destroy (fileselectionfensterglobal);
}

void
on_ok_buttonfileselection_clicked  (GtkObject
*object, gpointer         user_data)
  gtk_widget_destroy (fileselectionfensterglobal);
}

void
on_cancel_buttonfileselection_clicked  (GtkObject
 *object, gpointer         user_data)
  gtk_widget_destroy (fileselectionfensterglobal);
}
++

Somewhere in the programm I create the window:
+++
         fileselectionfensterglobal =
create_fileselectionfensterglobal ();
         gtk_widget_show (fileselectionfensterglobal);
++

If I "destroy" the window with one of the signal the
window disappears. Ok so far.

But I think the windows is still in memory because the
following code is not true:
+++
if (fileselectionfensterglobal == NULL){...}
++

My question now: How can I completely remove the
fileselectionwindow (or other windows ;-) ) with all
Widgets (Buttons etc.) in it from memory because if I
use the function create_fileselectionfensterglobal ()
again the old fileselectionwindow-data ist still in
memory but I do not want to use it anymore!

Perhaps you can give me an example-code for my problem
above.

Thanks for your help!
Bye

Christian Schneider